Mobile SEO, or mobile search engine optimization, is the practice of optimizing your website to rank higher in search results on mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets. It’s become increasingly important in recent years, as more and more people use their phones and tablets to browse the web. In fact, according to Statcounter, over 60% of all web traffic now comes from mobile devices.
There are many factors that go into mobile SEO, but some of the most important include:
- Site speed: Mobile users are impatient, so it’s important to make sure your site loads quickly on their devices. Google’s Core Web Vitals metrics are a good indicator of whether your site is mobile-friendly.
- Responsive design: Your website should be designed to look and function well on all screen sizes, from small smartphones to large tablets.
- Content: Your content should be easy to read and navigate on a small screen. This means using short paragraphs, bullet points, and images.
- Keywords: When you’re doing keyword research, make sure to include mobile-specific keywords. For example, someone searching for “restaurants near me” on their phone is likely to use different keywords than someone searching for the same thing on a desktop computer.
- Technical SEO: There are a number of technical factors that can affect your mobile SEO, such as your site’s structured data and mobile-friendliness score.
If you’re not sure how to optimize your website for mobile SEO, there are a number of resources available to help you. Google has a great mobile-friendly SEO guide, and there are many SEO tools that can help you identify and fix mobile SEO issues.
Here are some additional tips for mobile SEO:
- Use a mobile-friendly CMS (content management system).
- Test your website on different mobile devices.
- Use Google Search Console to see how your website is performing on mobile.
- Get backlinks from other mobile-friendly websites.
By following these tips, you can improve your mobile SEO and reach a wider audience with your website.